Our premier national event offers three divisions of inter-club competition in a multi-tournament series to find New Zealand’s top club teams. This competition takes place between March and June over a series of seven tournaments at competition venues spread throughout the country. The National League A Grade titles are undoubtedly New Zealand Canoe Polo’s most coveted national titles.
Any enquires about the National League Championships should be sent to the Competitions Manager.
NZCPA are pleased to announce the following National League 2024 dates:
· 15th December 2023: A/B Grade NL Entries Due 15/12
· 21st January: A and B Grade Challenge Team Lists Due 21/1 (if challenge held at Atahua Cup)
· 3rd-4th February: Atahua Cup - Palmerston North (final challenge date/ venue for A and B grade challenges)
· 9th February: C/D Grade Entries Due
· 2nd-3rd March: B Grade Round 1 - Christchurch
· 9th-10th March: A Grade Round 1 - Christchurch
· 6th-7th April: A Grade Round 2 - Palmerston North
· 13th-14th April: B Grade Round 2 - Auckland
· 13th-14th April: C-D Grade Round 1 Palmerston North
· 26th-28th April: A Grade Finals - Auckland (half day Friday)
· 3rd-5th May: B Grade Finals - Hawkes Bay (half day Friday)
· 4th-5th May: C-D Grade Round 2 - Hawkes Bay
· 1st-3rd June: C/D Finals (3 days) Wellington
*South Island C/D rounds to be decided in consultation with SI clubs
** C grade to be capped at 12 teams (C-Grade teams placed 13th and below for 2023, plus Top 2 teams in D-grade (2023) are automatically eligible to participate in challenge matches should they wish.
*** C grade challenge matches will take place at the beginning of the first round, unless teams have organised matches prior.
In the absence of a competition manager the decision has been made to not put the venue hosting out to tender for the 2024 season. The plan is to resume the process for 2025.
NL format and challenge guideline documents are expected to be finalised shortly.
AddressPO Box 10037Palmerston North 4441
Sign up to recieve eNewsletters